café team member | part-time
café team memberPortsmouth, NH
Wild Valentine is an artisan flower shop and neighborhood café in Portsmouth's South End. We offer garden-style flower arrangements, locally sourced coffee and a thoughtful assortment of food items. We are an enthusiastic team dedicated to providing our customers with an exceptional experience in a joyful environment. We aim to create a floral-filled community gathering space where creativity thrives, curiosity is encouraged, and there’s always a reason to celebrate.
Currently, we are looking to add one part-time team member to our café team. This position is a year-round role with 1-2 shifts per week and the opportunity for more hours during the summer months.
This individual will be cross-trained in both front-of-house and back-of-house skills and responsibilities. Our ideal candidate is reliable, motivated, positive, has high standards for quality, takes pride in their work, and will make customers and teammates feel welcome.
If you’re a passionate, glass-half-full kind of person who loves good coffee and believes in the magic of flowers, we would love to meet you!
- Deliver exceptional service through customer engagement
- Receive customer orders and process payments via Square point-of-sale system
- Maintain complete knowledge of coffee and food menus and educate guests on items and ingredients, as needed
- Prepare and serve a variety of beverages, including espresso drinks, consistently and to brand standards
- Slice, grate, dice, shred, cook, etc. food menu ingredients
- Assemble food menu items such as oatmeal bowls, toasts, boards and more according to recipe standards
- Clean and sanitize work and service areas, equipment, and seating areas
- Restock retail displays and supply storage areas
- Take out and clean garbage, compost, recycling, and linen bins
- Assist with completing open and close checklists and other miscellaneous tasks each day
- Maintain a clean, safe and inviting environment for both customers and teammates
- Some weekend availability required, 1-2 shifts per week, shifts are approximately 7 hours long
- One year of experience in the hospitality industry or customer service role preferred, but not required
- Exhibit strong communication skills that allow you to engage with guests authentically
- Able to be composed yet flexible in a fast-paced, highly social environment
- Must be able to lift heavy objects (up to 50lbs.)
- Ability to stand, walk, bend and lift for up to 10 +/- hours per shift
- Able to perform repeat motions with hands and wrists
- Willing to adapt easily and innovate to push the brand forward
- Demonstrate excellent basic math skills and high level of comfort handling money and operating a point-of-sale system
Wild Valentine is committed to creating a safe and clean space for our team to work and an environment that is joyful and collaborative. We strive to develop individuals based on their particular goals and are always looking to the future, so that as we evolve, we can open new doors for our team members. Individuals who are excited to challenge themselves and grow along with us will find great opportunities with Wild Valentine!
- Free Wild Valentine swag
- Free daily shift meals
- Discounts on food, beverages and retail items off-shift
- Discount on fresh flowers
Send us a note at email@example.com and tell us a bit about yourself and your availability (include your resume, if available), and let us know your go-to coffee order. We can't wait to meet you!