kitchen prepPortsmouth, NH
Full Time or Part Time
1+ Year Experience
Wild Valentine is an artisan flower shop and neighborhood café in Portsmouth's South End. We offer garden-style flower arrangements, locally sourced coffee and a thoughtful assortment of food items. We are an enthusiastic team dedicated to providing our customers with an exceptional experience in a joyful environment. We aim to create a floral-filled community gathering space where creativity thrives, curiosity is encouraged, and there’s always a reason to celebrate.
Currently, we’re looking to expand our team by adding a dedicated kitchen team member. This individual will be focused on back-of-house skills and responsibilities, taking ownership of the kitchen and working closely with the owner to grow our food program over time. Our ideal candidate is reliable, driven, positive, takes pride in their work, and will strive to make customers and teammates feel welcome. Ideally, you're looking for a place to plant roots and build a career… we’re a small but mighty team with big plans and we can’t wait to share our vision with you!
If you’re a passionate, glass-half-full kind of person who loves good coffee and believes in the magic of flowers, we would love to meet you!
Prepare and serve food menu items consistently and to recipe and brand standards
- Slice, grate, dice, shred, cook, etc. food menu ingredients
- Monitor ingredient prep needs and execute based on priority
- Keep all stations clean and stocked
- Perform dishwashing and other cleaning duties
- Take in and stock food and supply deliveries following tracking and rotating protocols
- Take out and clean garbage, compost and recycling bins
- Complete open, close and daily task checklists each day
- Exhibit attention to detail, strong organizational skills and a sense of urgency
- Maintain complete knowledge of food and beverage offerings and educate guests on menu items and ingredients as needed
- Adhere to health code, sanitation standards and safety practices at all times
- Maintain a clean, safe and inviting environment for both customers and teammates
- Cross-train in FOH roles and step in to assist teammates and customers when needed
- Year-round availability including early mornings and at least one weekend day
- One year of experience in a kitchen/hospitality industry preferred
- Able to be composed yet flexible in a fast-paced, highly social environment
- Willing to adapt easily and innovate to push the brand forward
- Must be able to lift heavy objects (up to 50lbs.)
- Ability to stand, walk, bend and lift for up to 10 +/- hours per shift
- Able to perform repeat motions with hands and wrists
- Must be able to keep hands, nails, hair, and clothing neat and clean
- At least one year of experience in the hospitality industry with a strong background and emphasis on customer service
- Must be willing and able to work early morning, afternoon, and weekend shifts and demonstrate flexibility in scheduling, assisting as needed to ensure all shifts are appropriately staffed
Wild Valentine is committed to creating a safe and clean space for our team to work and an environment that is joyful and collaborative. We strive to develop individuals based on their particular goals and are always looking to the future, so that as we evolve, we can open new doors for our team members. Individuals who are excited to challenge themselves and grow along with us will find great opportunities with Wild Valentine!
- Free Wild Valentine swag
- Free daily shift meals
- Discounts on food, beverages and retail items off-shift
- Discount on fresh flowers
Send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us a bit about yourself and your availability (please include your resume), and let us know your go-to coffee order. We can't wait to meet you!