coffee bar managerPortsmouth, NH
Wild Valentine is an artisan flower shop and neighborhood coffee bar with a planned opening date of spring 2021. We’ll offer garden-style flower arrangements, locally sourced coffee and a thoughtful assortment of food items. We’re looking to build an enthusiastic team dedicated to providing our customers with an exceptional experience in a joyful environment. We aim to create a floral-filled community gathering space where creativity thrives, curiosity is encouraged, and there’s always a reason to celebrate.
Currently, we’re looking for a Coffee Bar Manager who will play a key role in building our coffee and food program. They will manage day-to-day operations, help to hire and train staff and possess complete knowledge of all product offerings. They will be responsible for developing and maintaining a consistent customer experience and setting the tone for the rest of the team. Our ideal candidate is looking to grow with the company for the long-term. They are motivated, customer-centric, have high standards for quality, take pride in fostering a collaborative environment and will make all customers and teammates feel welcome.
If you’re a passionate, glass-half-full kind of person who loves good coffee and believes in the magic of flowers, we’d love to meet you!
- Deliver exceptional service through customer engagement and handling complaints and issues with professionalism
- Prepare and serve beverages and food items consistently and to brand standards
- Maintain complete knowledge of food and beverage offerings and educate guests on menu items and ingredients as needed
- Assist with completing open and close checklists and other miscellaneous tasks each day
- Maintain a clean, safe and inviting environment for both customers and teammates
- Participate in creating brand policies and procedures
- Manage staff in all aspects including recruiting, training, ongoing support, scheduling, payroll, disciplinary procedures, and performance reviews
- Help plan and lead team meetings to foster collaboration and cultivate an environment that results in an exceptional experience for all
- Monitor food and beverage program performance including daily sales and cost categories and provide timely feedback to CEO on operating results
- Analyze financial statements for the food and beverage program relative to budgeted goals and take corrective measures as necessary to achieve profit goals
- Oversee inventory, placing product orders as needed, maintaining positive relationships with vendors and receiving and stocking new product
- Be willing and able to work early morning, afternoon, and weekend shifts and demonstrate flexibility in scheduling, assisting as needed to ensure all shifts are appropriately staffed
- 2+ years of Food & Beverage experience
- 1-2 years of management experience
- A strong background with an emphasis on customer service
- Exhibit strong communication skills that allow you to engage with guests authentically
- Training and experience with alcohol service a plus
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Able to be composed yet flexible in a fast-paced, highly social environment
- Willing to adapt easily and innovate to push the brand forward
- Demonstrate excellent basic math skills and high level of comfort handling money
- Must be able to lift heavy objects (up to 50lbs.)
- Ability to stand, walk, bend and lift for up to 10 hours per shift
- Able to perform repeat motions with hands and wrists
- Ability and energy to work 45 +/- hours per week
Wild Valentine is committed to creating a safe and clean space for our team to work and an environment that is joyful and collaborative. We strive to develop individuals based on their particular goals and are always looking to the future, so that as we evolve, we can open new doors for our team members. Leaders who are excited to challenge themselves and grow along with us will find great opportunities with Wild Valentine.
- Free Wild Valentine swag for uniform
- Free daily shift meals
- Discounts on food, beverages and retail items off-shift
- Discount on fresh flowers
Send us a note at email@example.com and include your resume, a cover letter and let us know your go-to coffee order. We can't wait to meet you!