Full-Time + Part-Time Positions Available
Wild Valentine is an artisan flower shop and neighborhood café with a planned opening date of Spring 2021. We will offer garden-style flower arrangements, locally sourced coffee and a thoughtful assortment of food items. We are looking to build an enthusiastic team dedicated to providing our customers with an exceptional experience in a joyful environment. We aim to create a floral-filled community gathering space where creativity thrives, curiosity is encouraged, and there’s always a reason to celebrate.
Currently, we are looking for both full and part-time team members to be cross-trained in both front-of-house and back-of-house skills and responsibilities. Our ideal candidate is motivated, positive, has high standards for quality, takes pride in their work, and will make customers and teammates feel welcome.
If you’re a passionate, glass-half-full kind of person who loves good coffee and believes in the magic of flowers, we would love to meet you!
- Deliver exceptional service through customer engagement
- Receive customer orders and process payments via Square point-of-sale system
- Prepare and serve a variety of beverages, including espresso drinks, consistently and to brand standards
- Slice, grate, dice, shred, cook, etc. food menu ingredients
- Assemble food menu items such as oatmeal bowls, toasts, sandwiches, and salads according to recipe standards
- Clean and sanitize work and service areas, equipment, and seating areas
- Maintain complete knowledge of food and beverage offerings and educate guests on menu items and ingredients as needed
- Restock retail displays and supply storage areas
- Take out and clean garbage, compost, recycling, and linen bins
- Assist with completing open and close checklists and other miscellaneous tasks each day
- Maintain a clean, safe and inviting environment for both customers and teammates
- One year of experience in the hospitality industry preferred and a strong background and emphasis on customer service
- Exhibit strong communication skills that allow you to engage with guests authentically
- Able to be composed yet flexible in a fast-paced, highly social environment
- Must be able to lift heavy objects (up to 50lbs.)
- Ability to stand, walk, bend and lift for up to 10 +/- hours per shift
- Able to perform repeat motions with hands and wrists
- Willing to adapt easily and innovate to push the brand forward
- Demonstrate excellent basic math skills and high level of comfort handling money and operating a point-of-sale system
- Must be willing and able to work early morning, afternoon, and weekend shifts and demonstrate flexibility in scheduling, assisting as needed to ensure all shifts are appropriately staffed
Wild Valentine is committed to creating a safe and clean space for our team to work and an environment that is joyful and collaborative. We strive to develop individuals based on their particular goals and are always looking to the future, so that as we evolve, we can open new doors for our team members. Individuals who are excited to challenge themselves and grow along with us will find great opportunities with Wild Valentine!
- Free Wild Valentine swag
- Free daily shift meals
- Discounts on food, beverages and retail items off-shift
- Discount on fresh flowers
Send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us a bit about yourself (include your resume, if available) and let us know your go-to coffee order. We can't wait to meet you!